Thursday, October 20, 2016

Cast All Your Cares on Him

It's been a day.

My morning started out with having to confront my RADish daughter about stealing money from my wallet. It is frustrating and disheartening to have to deal with the same repeated behaviors that are a result of her Reactive Attachment Disorder.  (Please...for the love, DO NOT try to console me with, "But lots of kids do that", or something of the sort. Lots of kids don't have a brain that's been affected by trauma.)


Then, I got my happy.


This is the first time he's done this. On a whim, I asked if he'd like to feed Baby Bear. Bubby looked at me, incredulous, and fed her like it was the most familiar thing in the world. He's pretty amazing like that. I'm so proud of how far this boy has come!

After Bubby left on the bus, I started to get in a funk again about my daughter's RAD behaviors. I prayed about it, but didn't really give it all to the Lord. 

There was a knock at the door. A precious friend brought some gifts for Bubby, including money to buy the adaptive clothing that we really wanted to help him be more independent. 
 
God is so good. Even when we have trouble trusting.

God is the Abba Daddy to all my kids. He knows my frustration with RAD. He has a good plan for my girl...and all of them. 

And me.

2 comments:

  1. Yay! Glad someone was able to make that happen for you! What a blessing. It gets better! My brother used to lie and steal because of his issues too. I never could trust him, but now that he is an adult, he has earned my trust back and my respect. You are giving her everything she needs to be successful in life.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you so much for the glimmer of hope! I needed that!

      Delete